What is a good headshot?
A Good Headshot
• Depicts a relaxed, confident you
• Catches you in a natural state
• Is taken by a photographer who can make you feel relaxed
• Communicates something about your style and personality
• Is a portrait you are proud to show to people
What’s a bad headshot?
• Was taken with an iPhone
• Is a snapshot taken of you on vacation that you cropped around your head
• Looks like you prepared for a glamour shot with too much makeup and over-styled hair
• Is not taken by a professional photographer and doesn’t show that you are serious about your career
Here are some tips for getting ready for headshots:
No bold colors please!
Button down, and ironed shirts work great. If you’re not wearing a tie, make it a colored shirt
Clean shaved and bring a positive happy attitude
No stripes or pattern tops please
V-necks and boat necklines make a woman look like a woman; but not to low!
Stay away from short sleeve and tank tops, unless your a teen
Jewelry: small is classic and does not distract from the subject: That would be YOU!
Hair: Invest in a nice blow out the day of your session. You will thank me later.
Make-up: no need for it to be heavy. The camera picks up the tiniest details. Go light, we can add.